United Kashmir. Powered by Blogger.
Latest News
Monday 19 April 2010

The Odd one Out



I haven’t worn jeans for the last half a decade, wore fancy retro spectacle with dark black frame which seemed ancient, have a hairstyle unchanged for the last 23 years. I am the odd one out, modelled myself to be one. Though this idea to be honest didn’t originate from Bollywood’s hatkay films but it may be somewhat influenced by them. Over the years I had to reply to questions about my hatkay style, usually from a concerned friend or a cousin, who showed keen interest in enquiring if I had lost it. They usually had to satisfy their inquest with my ultra silly answers, but now if some of them would be reading this they might find a good answer.
Interestingly still, I idolise strange people Munia Abu Jamal, Che Guevara, Malcolm X, listened to music unheard in my friend circle Immortal Technique and Brother Ali being my favourite, watched strange movies, enjoyed soaps which my mother followed inquisitively. Tried to be the smart guy, tried to give expert opinion on matters I had no knowledge of, lied in a very professional way, gave very silly excuses for skipping important engagement. Sat all day dreaming, imagining silly things, fantasising, slept for more than 10 hours and still woke up at 7 in the morning, spend most of the time at home.
Never really ventured out of home, always returned home by 6 p.m., went to college and straight back to home. Made very few friends, formed a large circle of acquaintances, they usually come to my rescue. Pretended to be gentle, showed extra respect to teachers in front of them, cursed them otherwise. Smoked, left smoking, smoked again.
Dreamt of being a writer, journalist, doctor, ended up being an engineer. Dream of being super rich, drowning in money, drive swanky cars, live in luxurious mansions, marry Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez.
 Wrote blogs, wrote nothing in exams, spoke in detail about the Kashmir issue, had issues with engineering problems. Became addicted to internet, connect to social networking sites 24/7, love my phone, though I overuse it.
I am odd, but I am not different, I am only a human. If you missed what I wanted to say, here is my brief recap
Strikingly Intelligent
Surprisingly humorous
Slightly Introvert.



  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: The Odd one Out Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Admin