United Kashmir. Powered by Blogger.
Latest News
Saturday 19 June 2010

Moral Policing and Kashmir



Two unrelated verses from the Holy Quran a red background and a highlighted “opposite gender”, this billboard hangs in the trendy Karan Nagar. Imagining my head shaved made me smile the first time I came across this, later I was sad.  Moral Police has arrived in Kashmir and slowly they are beginning to change our world according to their set standards. I don’t know if anyone head has been tonsured or not, but it has started a dangerous trend. But it is not the time to be sad; its time to think how such elements in our society can be defeated. I don’t think God has given a franchise to these people to send ordinary Kashmiri’s to heaven. And who made you the custodians of Islam? Who has given you the right to morally police us? If you are so interested in doing anything good there are a number of cases you can take up drug addiction, female foeticide, rape, domestic violence...to name a few. No I am not talking bull shit here, every person has the right to do whatever he/she likes (right/wrong)  and God will decide what would the consequence of their acts (Ignore this if you are an Atheist). Why should anybody tell me what I should do?  
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Moral Policing and Kashmir Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Admin